每日英语 轻松学习英语从阅读开始《鲁滨逊漂流记》初级版连载08
3 The storm and the shipwreck
风暴与海滩
I stayed in Brazil and worked hard for some years.
我留在了巴西工作好几年。
By then I was rich…… but also bored.
之后我发财了,但是也厌倦了。
One day some friends came to me and said, ‘We’re going to Africa to do business.
一天朋友们过来找我说:“我们要去非洲做生意。
Why don’t you come with us? We’ll all be rich after this journey!’
你什么不跟我们一起去呢?旅行后我们会变得更富有。”
How stupid I was! I had an easy, comfortable life in Brazil,
我是多么的蠢啊!我在巴西有着轻松、舒适的生活,
but, of course, I agreed. And so, in 1659, I went to sea again.
然而,我又同意了。在1956年,我再一次出海了。
At first, all went well, but then there was a terrible storm.
起初,一切都安好,但是之后来了一场可怕的风暴。
For twelve days the wind and the rain didn’t stop.
风暴持续了十二天还没有停下来。
We lost three men in the sea, and soon the ship had holes in its sides.
我们在海上失去了三个同伴,并且不久船边上就出现了漏洞。
‘We’re all going to die this time, ’I said to myself.
“这次我们都得死。”我心想。
Then one morning one of the sailors saw land, but the next minute our ship hit some sand just under the sea.
之后的一个早上,一个水手发现了陆地,但是紧接着我们的船就撞到了海底礁石。
The ship could not move and we were really in danger now.
船移动不了了,此刻我们都真正地陷入了危险之中。
The sea was trying to break the ship into pieces, and we had very little time.
海浪试图想要把船撕成碎片,我们的时间不多了。
Quickly, we put a boat into the sea was very rough and our little boat could not live for long in that wild water.
迅速地,我们地把小船放到非常汹涌的大海里,我们的小船在大浪中无法航行太久。